Joint Webinar with the CIF
Join us with the Construction Industry Federation for a look at construction contracts, disputes and dispute avoidance in Ireland
Date & Time: June 23, 2021 10:00 AM
Introduction and background / discussion of CIF policy documents with by Sean Downey, CIF.
Bruno Herbots – Herbots Solicitors: Where are we now and what are our options?
- Has adjudication been the panacea that it was hoped it would be?
- Where is conciliation now, and why might you choose conciliation over adjudication?
- What about other options – dispute boards, early dispute avoidance?
Jamie Ritchie – LK Shields: A look at the recent court decisions relating to adjudication, and what they mean for future disputes.
- What do the recent court decisions mean for the industry?
- What are the implications of the recent court practice note – will we see quicker decisions?
- How does adjudication fit with the CIF’s aims? What improvements are still needed for adjudication to be truly useful?
Bill Bordill – Decipher: A look at the key things people need to consider when preparing for adjudication or any form of dispute resolution.
- The key elements of a claim – causation, effect, entitlement, substantiation.
- What records should we be keeping and how?
- What about technology? Should we be looking for technological solutions to assist with claim preparation and resolution?
Q&A and Close with Paul Sheridan, CIF
Sign up today: https://cif.ie/event/live-webinar-construction-contracts-disputes-and-dispute-avoidance/