Project management covers a range of services. Get the very best support and advice at every step. Whether Employer, Contractor, Funder or any party to a construction contract .
Seemingly subject to constant change, the Decipher team are constantly reviewing the latest requirements for project management and CDM. You can be sure we’re up-to-date with the latest developments.
Take a look at the various PM and CDM support services we can provide…
It would be foolhardy to commit resources to a project without prior assessment of the risks and likely benefits.
Allow us to help you with detailed feasibility studies. A good study will provide a thorough and independent commercial appraisal of cost and risk. The decision to start any new project or programme must be based on a thorough analysis. We’ll help you to assess the risks and benefits before you commit any resources.
You’ll likely know the CDM regulations were overhauled in 2015. As a consequence, the role of Principal Designer replaces CDM Co-Ordinator. The Regulations also now apply to all Construction projects.
With the capability of Principal Designer, we’ll guide your team through the complexities of CDM. Ensure you manage risk through a process of elimination, reduction and control.
For Principal Contractors, whatever the project, we can help you prepare Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans and attend site meetings. We offer concise guidance in the identification and management of risks and hazards.
The proper administration of a contract can be the difference between financial success and failure.
Could your next project benefit from tried and tested client-focussed project management procedures? Our procedures provide a structured framework for each of the recognised phases of a project. We can also undertake impartial Contract Administration under standard contract forms.
The ‘Employer’s Agent’ acts independently on behalf of the client as the contract administrator for Design & Build contracts.
As well as acting as contract administrator, our employer’s agent team also perform pre-contract services, such as:
- Co-ordinating the tender process and novation of consultants
- Collating contract documents for execution
- Implementing change procedures
Post contract our employer’s agent role can include:
- Issuing instructions
- Co-ordinating the review of information prepared by the contractor
- Considering items submitted by the contractor for ‘approval’ – an area requiring detailed understanding of associated risks
- Managing and reporting on change control and reviewing progress
- Validating or certifying work and considering claims
- Monitoring commissioning and inspections
- Arranging handover and certifying practical completion
- Bringing defects to the attention of the contractor (in the correct form)
- Issuing the certificate of making good defects
- Agreeing the final account